Electrical Technician A
The Electrical Technician A is responsible for safely performing installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of electrical/electronic components of utility equipment. The duties are similar to an industrial electrician/motor control specialist. Electrical Technician A will perform specialized electric utility operations such as electric inspections, substation equipment inspections/maintenance, distribution switching, project planning, etc.
Education and Experience:
- Four-year technical degree or any combination of training and experience which provides the desired knowledge, skills, and abilities needed.
- Experience working on electric and/or water utility systems if preferred.
- Class E Missouri Driver’s license, First Aid/CPR/AED first responder certification
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions, and to read and interpret sketches, diagrams, and blueprints.
- Knowledge of the practices, methods, tools, equipment, and materials of the electrical trade.
- Deep understanding of local and national electrical codes.
- Able to work with fellow employees and general public.
- Skilled in use of electronic instruments.
- Strong background with computer hardware and software applications.
- Experienced in the layout and construction of industrial control panels and cabinets.
- Knowledge of analog signaling systems and transducer operation.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 75lbs.
- Normal office environment and field construction sites; with some travel required.
- Pay will be based on experience. $25-$35 per hour. Excellent benefits.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must provide a CWEP application along with a resume. CWEP Application and resume are required. Please attach resume to the completed online CWEP Employment Application or you can send resume to email@example.com.