CW&EP IS CELEBRATING PUBLIC POWER WEEK, OCT. 2-8
Carthage Water & Electric Plant (CW&EP) is celebrating Public Power Week, Oct. 2-8, along with more than 2,000 other community-owned, not-for-profit electric utilities that collectively provide electricity to 48 million Americans. Public Power Week celebrates the reliable, affordable electricity CW&EP provides to our community. Public power puts the people of Carthage first, and Public Power Week gives us the chance to emphasize the advantages of locally grown, locally owned power to our citizens. Since 1898, CW&EP has made it a priority to satisfy completely the needs of our valued customers and will continue to do so.
CW&EP invites the Carthage community members to participate in a variety of Public Power Week events. Activities include:
- Save Green, Go Green Contest – Each day CW&EP will be holding drawing for a $250 voucher to Lowes to revamp the lighting in your home to all new LED lights. You can be automatically entered into the drawing by going to our CW&EP Facebook page and “like” or “share” our page. We will choose a winner at the end of each day.
- Public Power Week Facebook Trivia – Members of our Facebook page will have the opportunity to engage with us by answering daily trivia questions, the first correct answer each day will be rewarded with a prize from a local vendor.
- Public Power Week Coloring Contest – Grades 2-4 at all Carthage R-9 elementary schools will be participating in a Public Power Week coloring contest. The winner of each grade from each school will have their drawing published in the Carthage Press as well as on our social media pages, Wed., Oct. 5th.
- CW&EP Power Plant Tours – CW&EP will be hosting tours of our power plant at 300 S. River St., Tuesday, (Oct. 4th) & Thursday (Oct. 6th) from 11am-12pm and 2pm-3pm. We hope you’ll join us to learn about how public power feeds our community!
- FREE LED light bulb w/ CW&EP sign-up – Stop in our main lobby anytime this week to sign up for Paperless Billing or Automatic Withdraw and receive a FREE LED light bulb to help you start saving today!
- FREE drinks & popcorn in the CW&EP Lobby – Mon.-Fri., Oct. 3rd-7th (8am – 5pm), we will have free coffee, water, & popcorn in our main lobby, open to the public.
- CW&EP OPEN HOUSE – Friday, Oct. 7th (11:00am – 2pm) – CW&EP will be hosting an open house/customer appreciation luncheon on our East facing parking lot. This event will feature bucket truck rides, demonstrations from our staff, giveaways, as well as the unveiling of our newly revamped CW&EP vehicles. We welcome the Carthage community to come out and help us celebrate this event!
Public Power Week is an annual national event coordinated by the American Public Power Association in Washington, D.C. The association represents not-for-profit, community-owned electric utilities that power homes, businesses and streets in nearly 2,000 towns and cities, serving 48 million Americans. With no divided loyalties, these utilities are focused on a single mission — providing reliable electricity at a reasonable price, while protecting the environment. More at www.PublicPower.org.